Monday 14 January 2008

Recent additions

Back to blogging. Here are recent additions to my ear:

- Overkill, Taking Over (1987) -- which goes along with my Overkill craze.

- Oldelaf & Monsieur D., “Le CafĂ©” (2006) -- a hilarious track from their last album:



- Black Strobe, Burn Your Own Church (2007) -- I saw them play most tracks in Edinburgh last year at Cabaret Voltaire, and they were simply amazing. Check their excellent podcast.

- I also exhumed a lot of Rolling Stones album from my musical past, in order to build my Ultimate Best of Stones. I am not part of the Nostalgic Snobs Club and I like much of the recent stuff from Voodoo Lounge (err, 1994, fairly recent let's say, but I was already listening to it when it came out!).

- Nick Drake, Five Leaves Left (1969) -- a good pick, especially for the song “Riverman”.

- A Pink Floyd bootleg recorded in 1970-71 on the French radio Europe 1 (mistakingly referred to as Europa 1 in the bootleg). I have listened only to the first two tracks, the quality is acceptable. The last track is an orchestra version of “Atom Heart Mother” which sounds very average, I am not that impressed.

Happy New Year, Invisible Tiny Readership!

No comments: