Saturday 22 December 2007

Post-rock by friends

I had never thought that one day I would come to lik bands of which I know members personally. Because I am picky and because local bands do not get much support, I thought this would never happen. Of course, my reasoning is flawed by the fact that every band was once a local band; my dichotomy is inconsistent.

My hometown is Grenoble, France. The two 'proximal' bands I listen to on a regular basis are:

- High Tone, a dub band from Lyon (good website by the way). I have seen them play at the Eurockéennes festival a long time ago. Their work is just excellent. I even came to work briefly with people who themselves work with their label, Jarring Effects.

- RIEN, a very good post-rock band from Grenoble of which I happen to know a member; we spent time in the same class in high school. The label is the Amicale Undergound, and the two albums happen to be… free. Isn't that perfect? Go and listen to it.

No comments: